The NHS Lothian Harm reduction team offers a range of help and advice, mostly for those who inject drugs
• Low Threshold Medication Programme for injecting drug users via drop – in: substitute prescribing, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention and clinical psychology. Self – referral drop in is encouraged for clients motivated to change. Once stable, referral to other support and treatment options.
• Needle Exchange drop – in.
• Women’s Clinic and Midwife Service: family planning and sexual health service for clients involved in the sex industry or who have problems with drugs or alcohol.( Every Thursday )
• Dental Service: drop – in and appointment drug users unable to access dental care. No service presently due to covid
• Wound Care Clinic: for clients with drug-related skin care problems.
• NEON – Needle Exchange Outreach Network: support to pharmacies and drug agencies offering needle exchange and outreach services, street patrol and in reach sessions.
• Training on harm reduction for individuals and organisations as per HRT training manual.
• IPED Clinic for steroid users ( Every Monday evening )
- Phone: 0131 537 8300
- Website: http://www.nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk/Services/A-Z/HarmReductionTeam/Pages/default.aspx
Self: just come during any of the opening times or call.
Address:Spittal Street Centre
22 - 24 Spittal Street,
Edinburgh EH3 9DU