Our Counselling & Recovery team provide support to those over the age of 16 who are affected by their own or someone else’s past/present drug use. Counselling & Recovering clients are offered Managing Thoughts Feelings and Behaviours, formally known as Recovery Appointments, which are structured and focused 30 minute sessions using CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) and REBT (rational emotive behaviour therapy) tools to explore issues which may be affecting their day to day life. Many clients have 6 sessions before moving on to counselling which can be more in depth. We are currently offering 12 session time limited sessions.
This service offers Individual Counselling: a space for one person to explore their thoughts and feelings about the way their life is affected by another’s drug use and concerns related to factors such as, relationships, loss, anger, stress, guilt, shame, self-esteem, fear, anxiety, understanding addiction and drugs.
In addition to individual counselling work, we also offer our peer support group. ‘A Life Worth Living’ is for those struggling with depression where the focus of the group is:
• To reach out to people who are isolated
• To play a part in reducing stigmas around mental health and addiction
• To make connections with other organisations to offer more choice to individuals
• To help people build up their strengths and interests.
• To help people have more self-compassion
All our counsellors bring knowledge of substance use and addiction to their work and share a client-focused approach which reflects the client’s agenda and priorities in counselling. Counselling staff are trained in a variety of counselling approaches. All have, or are working towards, a recognised qualification in counselling at diploma level or equivalent and have or are working towards individual accreditation with BACP.
- Phone: 0131 225 6028
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.crossreach.org.uk/find-service/adults/substance-use/counselling-and-recovery
- 1:1 support
- Online or phone support
- choice of gender worker
- group support
- support for parents of children with drug and alcohol issues
52 Queen Street,
Edinburgh EH2 3NS