If you are recovering from drug and alcohol problems (or if you want to) you need people around who support and understand you. Spending time with others who have been though similar issues and learned how to deal with them makes all the difference. They will help you stay motivated, work hard at quitting and move on in life.
There are various ways that you can make contact with those in recovery in Edinburgh and there is a full list of them here. They include:
- online through websites, Facebook or Twitter
- at mutual aid groups where people come together to help each other
- through sharing activities and company at the Serenity Cafe.
- By talking to the peer workers in the hubs and other services (people who are recovering from drug or alcohol problems themselves and who work as volunteers or staff)
- By going to groups in the hubs and other services where people share their experience
All kinds of people experience problems with drugs and alcohol. So it is no surprise that there are all kinds of people in recovery. You may need to try more than one group to find people whose attitudes and understanding are helpful for you.
Whichever way you make contact you will find welcoming, friendly and supportive people who really care about helping you to recover.